According to campingship, Cabot, Arkansas is located in central Arkansas and is part of the Little Rock–North Little Rock–Conway Metropolitan Statistical Area. The city lies at the edge of the Ozark Mountains, which means its terrain is hilly and wooded. The climate in Cabot is characterized by hot, humid summers and mild winters with occasional cold spells.
The history of Cabot dates back to 1873 when it was founded as a stop on the Cairo & Fulton Railroad. Today, Cabot has grown into a vibrant city with a population of almost 25,000 people. It’s known for its strong sense of community and family values as well as its friendly atmosphere.
Politics in Cabot are dominated by Democratic candidates who have held office since the 1990s. The city’s economy is driven by manufacturing, education, healthcare, retail, and tourism industries. There are several schools in the area including two public high schools – Cabot High School and Cabot Junior High School – as well as several private schools such as St. John Catholic School and Central Baptist College.
Cabot is home to several landmarks including the historic Log Cabin Museum which was built in 1934 by former Governor George W. Donaghey; Lake Valencia Park which features walking trails, fishing spots and picnic areas; and the Little Rock Air Force Base which serves as an important military installation for the United States Air Force in Arkansas. Overall, Cabot offers something for everyone – from its rich history to its friendly atmosphere – making it an ideal place to live or visit!
Population: 15,261. Estimated population in July 2020: 21,039 (+37.9% change)
Males: 7,466 (48.9%), Females: 7,795 (51.1%)
Zip code: 72023
Median resident age: 32.3 years
Median household income: $49,389
Median house value: $95,600
Races in Cabot:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.5%)
- Hispanic (1.9%)
- Two or more races (1.3%)
- American Indian (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (16.5%), United States (14.4%), Irish (13.2%), English (11.2%), French (2.8%), Scottish (2.5%).
Elevation: 297 feet
Land area: 19.1 square miles
Cabot, Arkansas is a small city located in Lonoke County, Arkansas. As of the 2019 U.S. Census, the population of Cabot was estimated to be 24,572. It is the largest city in Lonoke County and one of the fastest growing cities in Arkansas. The majority of the population is Caucasian with Black Americans comprising 8% of the population. Hispanics and Latinos make up 6%, Asians 2%, Native Americans 1%, and Pacific Islanders 0%. Cabot is a diverse community with a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds represented among its residents.
The median age for Cabot residents is 33 years old, with 25% under 18 years old and 12% over 65 years old. The median household income for Cabot households is $50,786 per year with 28% below poverty level. The median value for owner-occupied housing units was $142,600 in 2017 which has increased from $114,400 in 2000. Education wise, 85% of adults have at least a high school diploma or equivalent degree while 21% have at least a bachelor’s degree or higher level education.
The unemployment rate for Cabot is slightly higher than the national average at 4%. The major industries driving the economy are retail trade (20%), manufacturing (14%), health care (12%), construction (11%), administrative support services (10%) and professional services (8%). The top employers in Cabot include Walmart Supercenter, Tyson Foods Inc., Walmart Distribution Center, United Parcel Service Inc., Southwestern Energy Company and Arkansas State University-Beebe Campus among others.
For population 25 years and over in Cabot
- High school or higher: 89.4%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 22.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.1%
- Unemployed: 2.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cabot city
- Never married: 16.7%
- Now married: 67.7%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 5.3%
- Divorced: 9.7%
2.1% Foreign born (0.9% Europe, 0.5% Asia, 0.5% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +6,183 (+68.1%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Cabot:
- REBSAMEN MEDICAL CENTER INC (about 10 miles; JACKSONVILLE, AR)
- ST VINCENT MEDICAL CENTER-NORTH (about 16 miles; SHERWOOD, AR)
- ST VINCENT REHAB HOSP IN PART HLTHSOUT (about 16 miles; SHERWOOD, AR)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Cabot:
- LITTLE ROCK AFB (about 10 miles; JACKSONVILLE, AR; Abbreviation: LRF)
- ADAMS FIELD (about 23 miles; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Abbreviation: LIT)
- MEMORIAL FIELD (about 82 miles; HOT SPRINGS, AR; Abbreviation: HOT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Cabot:
- NORTH LITTLE ROCK MUNI (about 20 miles; NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR; Abbreviation: 1M1)
- CARLISLE MUNI (about 26 miles; CARLISLE, AR; Abbreviation: 4M3)
- SEARCY MUNI (about 26 miles; SEARCY, AR; Abbreviation: SRC)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cabot:
- ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY-BEEBE BRANCH (about 12 miles; BEEBE, AR; Full-time enrollment: 3,840)
- UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL ARKANSAS (about 25 miles; CONWAY, AR; Full-time enrollment: 7,693)
- HARDING UNIVERSITY (about 28 miles; SEARCY, AR; Full-time enrollment: 3,959)
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT LITTLE ROCK (about 28 miles; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Full-time enrollment: 8,024)
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT PINE BLUFF (about 50 miles; PINE BLUFF, AR; Full-time enrollment: 2,801)
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY (about 80 miles; RUSSELLVILLE, AR; Full-time enrollment: 4,450)
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT MONTICELLO (about 96 miles; Monticello, AR; Full-time enrollment: 2,048)
Public high school in Cabot:
- CABOT HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,662; Location: 401 N. LINCOLN; Grades: 08 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Cabot:
- CABOT JUNIOR HIGH NORTH (Students: 974; Location: 38 SPIRIT DRIVE; Grades: 07 – 09)
- CABOT JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 870; Location: 38 PANTHER TRAIL; Grades: 07 – 09)
- CABOT MIDDLE SCHOOL NORTH (Students: 617; Location: 1900 N. LINCOLN; Grades: 05 – 06)
- CABOT MIDDLE SCHOOL SOUTH (Students: 592; Location: 2555 KERR STATION ROAD; Grades: 05 – 06)
- EASTSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 518; Location: 17 BELLAMY; Grades: KG – 04)
- SOUTHSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 508; Location: 2600 S. PINE; Grades: KG – 04)
- NORTHSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 435; Location: 814 W. LOCUST; Grades: KG – 04)
- MAGNESS CREEK ELEMENTARY (Students: 407; Location: 16150 ARK HWY. 5; Grades: KG – 04)
- WESTSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 389; Location: 1701 S. SECOND; Grades: KG – 04)
- CENTRAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 339; Location: 36 POND STREET; Grades: PK – 04)