Currently there are 6 main continents, they are: America, Europe, Africa, Oceania and Antarctica.
View Articles by Continent
Some characteristics about each of them:
1-Asia: It is the largest of the continents, and it is also the one with the largest population on the planet. Its area is 45 million km2, its current population is 4.5 billion people.
Alphabetical list of countries in Asia:
2-Antarctica: It is also called “South Pole”, it is the fourth largest continent in the world, with approximately 14 million km2.
3-America: The second largest continent in the world, with a total area of 42 km2, is divided into three parts: Central America, North America and South America, its population is estimated at 1 billion inhabitants.
Alphabetical list of countries in North and Central America:
Alphabetical list of countries in South America:
4-Africa: Its territorial extension is over 30 million km2 and the population is estimated at 1.2 billion inhabitants. It is also the continent with the largest number of countries.
Alphabetical list of countries in Africa:
5-Europe: It is one of the smallest continents in the world, and it is also the most important politically. Its territorial extension is over 10 km2 and its population is approximately 800 million inhabitants. Check more information about European population size on Countryaah.
Alphabetical list of countries in Europe:
6-Oceania: Its territorial extension is 8 million km2, of its 14 countries the mayia is formed by archipelagos, its total population is 40 million people.
Alphabetical list of countries in Oceania:
MOST POPULOUS COUNTRIES
Get to know the ranking of the five most populous countries today!
The population of our planet is not evenly distributed throughout the world, with those countries having a large number of people and those where the number of inhabitants is much smaller. Thus, there are those that are considered the most populous countries in the world, with unimaginable numbers of inhabitants.
Recent data show that the world has more than seven billion inhabitants. But do you know which countries are the most populated? Check below the ranking with the five largest populations of the world:
1st place – China
In 2010, China’s population was 1 billion and 300 million people, making it, then, the first among the most populous countries in the world. This number is more than double what the country registered 50 years ago. But thanks to the intense birth controls implemented in the country, the number of people tends to be lower in the future. The UN (United Nations) estimates that in 2050, the Chinese population will be 1 billion and 200 million people.
2nd place – India
The population of India also reached, in 2010, a total of 1 billion and 200 million inhabitants, taking second place among the most populous countries. However, the Indian population is experiencing a great growth, so that in the future it should assume the leadership among the largest populations in the world.
3rd place – United States
Americans total 310 million people, making the United States the third largest population in the world. However, that number is less than half of the runner-up. In that country, the birth rate is not very high, so demographic growth will not be very large in the coming years.
4th place – Indonesia
With more than 240 million people, Indonesia has significantly increased its population growth, having recently surpassed Brazil (although this country is much smaller than ours). However, according to the UN, in 2050, Indonesia will fall to fifth place among the most populous countries, as it should be overtaken by Nigeria (currently ranked seventh).
5th Place – Brazil
Recent data state that the Brazilian population is 190 million inhabitants. Despite having grown more than ten times over the 20th century, the trend is that this growth will stop happening by the year 2042. According to the UN, in 2050, we will occupy only the seventh place among the largest populations in the world, because we will be overtaken by Nigeria and Pakistan.
The 50 countries with the most TVs in the world
|Rank||Country||Number of TV sets.|
|1||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||676,700,000|
|2||United States of America (North America)||283,410,000|
|5||Brazil (South America)||74,890,000|
|9||Great Britain (Europe)||40,040,000|
|12||Mexico (North America)||35,070,000|
|17||Canada (North America)||22,570,000|
|20||Colombia (South America)||18,910,000|
|22||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||18,250,000|
|27||Argentina (South America)||13,660,000|
|31||South Africa (Africa)||10,470,000|
|34||Democratic Republic of the Congo (Africa)||9,160,000|
|39||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||6,310,000|
|43||Peru (South America)||5,720,000|
|45||Czech Republic (Europe)||5,160,000|
|46||Venezuela (South America)||4,970,000|
|50||Cuba (North America)||4,660,000|
Weather in the U.S. by County and State
- Bibb County, Alabama
- Denali Borough, Alaska
- Gila County, Arizona
- Benton County, Arkansas
- Butte County, California
- Archuleta County, Colorado
- Middlesex County, Connecticut
- Kent County, Delaware
- Bradford County, Florida
- Baker County, Georgia
- Kauai County, Hawaii
- Bear Lake County, Idaho
- Boone County, Illinois
- Benton County, Indiana
- Appanoose County, Iowa
- Barber County, Kansas
- Ballard County, Kentucky
- Assumption Parish, Louisiana
- Franklin County, Maine
- Calvert County, Maryland
- Dukes County, Massachusetts
- Alpena County, Michigan
- Beltrami County, Minnesota
- Attala County, Mississippi
- Audrain County, Missouri
- Broadwater County, Montana
- Banner County, Nebraska
- Elko County, Nevada
- Coos County, New Hampshire
- Camden County, New Jersey
- Cibola County, New Mexico
- Broome County, New York
- Anson County, North Carolina
- Billings County, North Dakota
- Ashtabula County, Ohio
- Beaver County, Oklahoma
- Clatsop County, Oregon
- Beaver County, Pennsylvania
- Providence County, Rhode Island
- Anderson County, South Carolina
- Bon Homme County, South Dakota
- Bledsoe County, Tennessee
- Aransas County, Texas
- Carbon County, Utah
- Chittenden County, Vermont
- Amelia County, Virginia
- Chelan County, Washington
- Braxton County, West Virginia
- Bayfield County, Wisconsin
- Carbon County, Wyoming
- Los Angeles, California History Timeline December 8, 2023 - According to bestitude.com, Los Angeles, California, a sprawling metropolis nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the mountains, is a vibrant tapestry of diverse cultures, entertainment, and innovation. Established in 1781 as a Spanish pueblo named… Continue Reading
- California Road Network December 1, 2023 - California, the most populous state in the United States, boasts a vast and intricate road network that plays a critical role in connecting its diverse regions, urban centers, and natural wonders. The state's transportation infrastructure… Continue Reading
- California Population 2018 November 24, 2023 - California, situated on the western coast of the United States, is the most populous state and the third-largest by area. Renowned for its cultural diversity, technological innovation, and stunning landscapes, California plays a significant role… Continue Reading
- California Population 2019 November 17, 2023 - California, the most populous state in the United States, is a diverse and dynamic region known for its economic significance, cultural richness, and geographic variety. In 2019, California's estimated population exceeded 39.5 million people, making… Continue Reading
- Florence, Wisconsin November 10, 2023 - Florence, Wisconsin is a small town located in the northern part of the state. Situated in Florence County, it is nestled within the beautiful Northwoods region. The geography of Florence is characterized by its stunning… Continue Reading
- Lyons, Colorado November 3, 2023 - Lyons, Colorado is a charming town nestled in the breathtaking St. Vrain Valley, surrounded by the majestic Rocky Mountains. Its geography is characterized by a harmonious blend of natural beauty and rugged terrain, making it… Continue Reading
- Great Bend, Kansas October 31, 2023 - Great Bend, Kansas is a city located in the central part of the state, in Barton County. Situated along the banks of the Arkansas River, Great Bend is known for its diverse geography, which includes… Continue Reading
- Vandergrift, Pennsylvania October 27, 2023 - Vandergrift, Pennsylvania, is a small borough located in Westmoreland County, in the southwestern part of the state. Situated along the eastern bank of the Kiskiminetas River, Vandergrift is surrounded by a picturesque landscape of rolling… Continue Reading
- Tallinn, Estonia Geography October 23, 2023 - Tallinn, the capital city of Estonia, is a charming and historic city located on the northern coast of the Baltic Sea. Its geography is characterized by its coastal setting, its position on the southern coast… Continue Reading
- Weedsport, New York October 20, 2023 - Weedsport, New York, is a small village located in Cayuga County in the western part of the state. Nestled in the Finger Lakes region, Weedsport is known for its picturesque landscapes and natural beauty. The… Continue Reading