Currently there are 6 main continents, they are: America, Europe, Africa, Oceania and Antarctica.
View Articles by Continent
Some characteristics about each of them:
1-Asia: It is the largest of the continents, and it is also the one with the largest population on the planet. Its area is 45 million km2, its current population is 4.5 billion people.
Alphabetical list of countries in Asia:
2-Antarctica: It is also called “South Pole”, it is the fourth largest continent in the world, with approximately 14 million km2.
3-America: The second largest continent in the world, with a total area of 42 km2, is divided into three parts: Central America, North America and South America, its population is estimated at 1 billion inhabitants.
Alphabetical list of countries in North and Central America:
Alphabetical list of countries in South America:
4-Africa: Its territorial extension is over 30 million km2 and the population is estimated at 1.2 billion inhabitants. It is also the continent with the largest number of countries.
Alphabetical list of countries in Africa:
5-Europe: It is one of the smallest continents in the world, and it is also the most important politically. Its territorial extension is over 10 km2 and its population is approximately 800 million inhabitants. Check more information about European population size on Countryaah.
Alphabetical list of countries in Europe:
6-Oceania: Its territorial extension is 8 million km2, of its 14 countries the mayia is formed by archipelagos, its total population is 40 million people.
Alphabetical list of countries in Oceania:
MOST POPULOUS COUNTRIES
Get to know the ranking of the five most populous countries today!
The population of our planet is not evenly distributed throughout the world, with those countries having a large number of people and those where the number of inhabitants is much smaller. Thus, there are those that are considered the most populous countries in the world, with unimaginable numbers of inhabitants.
Recent data show that the world has more than seven billion inhabitants. But do you know which countries are the most populated? Check below the ranking with the five largest populations of the world:
1st place – China
In 2010, China’s population was 1 billion and 300 million people, making it, then, the first among the most populous countries in the world. This number is more than double what the country registered 50 years ago. But thanks to the intense birth controls implemented in the country, the number of people tends to be lower in the future. The UN (United Nations) estimates that in 2050, the Chinese population will be 1 billion and 200 million people.
2nd place – India
The population of India also reached, in 2010, a total of 1 billion and 200 million inhabitants, taking second place among the most populous countries. However, the Indian population is experiencing a great growth, so that in the future it should assume the leadership among the largest populations in the world.
3rd place – United States
Americans total 310 million people, making the United States the third largest population in the world. However, that number is less than half of the runner-up. In that country, the birth rate is not very high, so demographic growth will not be very large in the coming years.
4th place – Indonesia
With more than 240 million people, Indonesia has significantly increased its population growth, having recently surpassed Brazil (although this country is much smaller than ours). However, according to the UN, in 2050, Indonesia will fall to fifth place among the most populous countries, as it should be overtaken by Nigeria (currently ranked seventh).
5th Place – Brazil
Recent data state that the Brazilian population is 190 million inhabitants. Despite having grown more than ten times over the 20th century, the trend is that this growth will stop happening by the year 2042. According to the UN, in 2050, we will occupy only the seventh place among the largest populations in the world, because we will be overtaken by Nigeria and Pakistan.
The 50 countries with the most TVs in the world
|Rank||Country||Number of TV sets.|
|1||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||676,700,000|
|2||United States of America (North America)||283,410,000|
|5||Brazil (South America)||74,890,000|
|9||Great Britain (Europe)||40,040,000|
|12||Mexico (North America)||35,070,000|
|17||Canada (North America)||22,570,000|
|20||Colombia (South America)||18,910,000|
|22||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||18,250,000|
|27||Argentina (South America)||13,660,000|
|31||South Africa (Africa)||10,470,000|
|34||Democratic Republic of the Congo (Africa)||9,160,000|
|39||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||6,310,000|
|43||Peru (South America)||5,720,000|
|45||Czech Republic (Europe)||5,160,000|
|46||Venezuela (South America)||4,970,000|
|50||Cuba (North America)||4,660,000|
- Portland, Oregon December 1, 2022 - According to act-test-centers.com, Portland, the largest city in the state of Oregon, gained enormous popularity among the Dutch public through the game show Wie is de mol? in 2017. Rightly so! This hip and liberal… Continue Reading
- Cities and Resorts in Cape Verde November 26, 2022 - Santa Lucia, Cape Verde Santa Lucia, the only uninhabited island of Cape Verde, is only 5 km wide and 13 km long. There is very little vegetation on the island, the main attraction is clean… Continue Reading
- Entertainment and Attractions in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates November 25, 2022 - Fujairah will appeal to lovers of history and ancient cultural monuments. The visiting card of the city is the fort in the Old Town, which was built back in 1670, and then destroyed several times… Continue Reading
- Tskaltubo, Georgia November 18, 2022 - Once upon a time, at the mention of Tskhaltubo, associations immediately arose: an all-Union health resort, a resort town, mineral water - no worse than in the famous Borjomi. However, in the two decades after… Continue Reading
- Things to Do in Liège, Belgium November 11, 2022 - According to Petsinclude.com, Liège is the capital of the province of the same name in Belgium. Liège is located just thirty kilometers from Maastricht in the Wallonia sub-area. The main language in Liège is therefore… Continue Reading
- Sights of Tenerife, Spain November 4, 2022 - Tenerife is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the Canary Islands. Every year, millions of tourists fly to the island, which is located more than three hundred kilometers west of the Moroccan coast.… Continue Reading
- US 19 and 20 in Pennsylvania October 30, 2022 - US 19 in Pennsylvania US 19 Get started Mount Morris End Erie Length 194 mi Length 312 km Route West Virginia Mount Morris Waynesburg Washington Pittsburgh Fernway Rose Point Mercer Meadville Waterford Erie According to… Continue Reading
- Legacy Parkway, Utah October 29, 2022 - Legacy Parkway SR-67 Begin North Salt Lake End Farmington Length 12 mi Length 19 km Route 1 → Salt Lake City 4 500 South 7 Parrish Lane 11 South Ogden 12 Park Lane 13 →… Continue Reading
- California Since 20th Century October 28, 2022 - After the 1906 earthquake, much of San Francisco was in ruins. The inhabitants seized the opportunity to rebuild the city to deal with corrupt politicians, prostitution and inadequate facilities. The Progressive Party, which split from… Continue Reading
- US 6 in Utah October 27, 2022 - US 6 Get started Garrison End Cisco Length 374 mi Length 602 km Route Nevada Delta Eureka Payson Spanish Fork price Green River Green River - Colorado state line: Colorado According to watchtutorials, US… Continue Reading