Currently there are 6 main continents, they are: America, Europe, Africa, Oceania and Antarctica.
View Articles by Continent
Some characteristics about each of them:
1-Asia: It is the largest of the continents, and it is also the one with the largest population on the planet. Its area is 45 million km2, its current population is 4.5 billion people.
Alphabetical list of countries in Asia:
2-Antarctica: It is also called “South Pole”, it is the fourth largest continent in the world, with approximately 14 million km2.
3-America: The second largest continent in the world, with a total area of 42 km2, is divided into three parts: Central America, North America and South America, its population is estimated at 1 billion inhabitants.
Alphabetical list of countries in North and Central America:
Alphabetical list of countries in South America:
4-Africa: Its territorial extension is over 30 million km2 and the population is estimated at 1.2 billion inhabitants. It is also the continent with the largest number of countries.
Alphabetical list of countries in Africa:
5-Europe: It is one of the smallest continents in the world, and it is also the most important politically. Its territorial extension is over 10 km2 and its population is approximately 800 million inhabitants. Check more information about European population size on Countryaah.
Alphabetical list of countries in Europe:
6-Oceania: Its territorial extension is 8 million km2, of its 14 countries the mayia is formed by archipelagos, its total population is 40 million people.
Alphabetical list of countries in Oceania:
MOST POPULOUS COUNTRIES
Get to know the ranking of the five most populous countries today!
The population of our planet is not evenly distributed throughout the world, with those countries having a large number of people and those where the number of inhabitants is much smaller. Thus, there are those that are considered the most populous countries in the world, with unimaginable numbers of inhabitants.
Recent data show that the world has more than seven billion inhabitants. But do you know which countries are the most populated? Check below the ranking with the five largest populations of the world:
1st place – China
In 2010, China’s population was 1 billion and 300 million people, making it, then, the first among the most populous countries in the world. This number is more than double what the country registered 50 years ago. But thanks to the intense birth controls implemented in the country, the number of people tends to be lower in the future. The UN (United Nations) estimates that in 2050, the Chinese population will be 1 billion and 200 million people.
2nd place – India
The population of India also reached, in 2010, a total of 1 billion and 200 million inhabitants, taking second place among the most populous countries. However, the Indian population is experiencing a great growth, so that in the future it should assume the leadership among the largest populations in the world.
3rd place – United States
Americans total 310 million people, making the United States the third largest population in the world. However, that number is less than half of the runner-up. In that country, the birth rate is not very high, so demographic growth will not be very large in the coming years.
4th place – Indonesia
With more than 240 million people, Indonesia has significantly increased its population growth, having recently surpassed Brazil (although this country is much smaller than ours). However, according to the UN, in 2050, Indonesia will fall to fifth place among the most populous countries, as it should be overtaken by Nigeria (currently ranked seventh).
5th Place – Brazil
Recent data state that the Brazilian population is 190 million inhabitants. Despite having grown more than ten times over the 20th century, the trend is that this growth will stop happening by the year 2042. According to the UN, in 2050, we will occupy only the seventh place among the largest populations in the world, because we will be overtaken by Nigeria and Pakistan.
The 50 countries with the most TVs in the world
|Rank||Country||Number of TV sets.|
|1||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||676,700,000|
|2||United States of America (North America)||283,410,000|
|5||Brazil (South America)||74,890,000|
|9||Great Britain (Europe)||40,040,000|
|12||Mexico (North America)||35,070,000|
|17||Canada (North America)||22,570,000|
|20||Colombia (South America)||18,910,000|
|22||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||18,250,000|
|27||Argentina (South America)||13,660,000|
|31||South Africa (Africa)||10,470,000|
|34||Democratic Republic of the Congo (Africa)||9,160,000|
|39||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||6,310,000|
|43||Peru (South America)||5,720,000|
|45||Czech Republic (Europe)||5,160,000|
|46||Venezuela (South America)||4,970,000|
|50||Cuba (North America)||4,660,000|
- Thornton, Iowa May 30, 2023 - According to 3rjewelry.com, Thornton, Iowa is located in the southeast corner of Franklin County and is part of the Des Moines–West Des Moines Metropolitan Statistical Area. The city is situated along the Des Moines River… Continue Reading
- Wittenberg, Wisconsin May 29, 2023 - According to Youremailverifier.com, Wittenberg, Wisconsin is a small town located in Shawano County in the east-central part of the state. The town sits on the banks of the Embarrass River and is surrounded by picturesque… Continue Reading
- New Windsor, New York May 28, 2023 - According to Themotorcyclers.com, New Windsor, New York is a small town located in Orange County, New York. It is situated on the west bank of the Hudson River and is part of the Greater New… Continue Reading
- Canadian, Texas May 27, 2023 - According to HARVARDSHOES, Canadian, Texas is located in the Panhandle region of the state and is situated on the Canadian River. The town is surrounded by rolling hills and plains, which provide stunning views of… Continue Reading
- Sierra Madre, California May 26, 2023 - According to Relationshipsplus.com, Sierra Madre, California is a small city located in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in Los Angeles County. Situated between Pasadena and Arcadia, Sierra Madre is about 15 miles northeast… Continue Reading
- Bruni, Texas May 25, 2023 - According to FASHIONISSUPREME, Bruni, Texas is located in the southern part of the state and lies at the intersection of two major highways – US 83 and US 281. The town's geography is marked by… Continue Reading
- Boling, Texas May 24, 2023 - According to EZINESPORTS, Boling, Texas is situated in the southeastern region of Texas and is located in Wharton County. The town lies on a flat plain with elevations ranging from just above sea level to… Continue Reading
- Belton, Texas May 23, 2023 - According to ASK4BEAUTY, Belton, Texas is a small city located in the south-central region of the state. It has a population of around 20,000 and is known for its rural charm and natural beauty. The… Continue Reading
- B and E, Texas May 22, 2023 - According to ALLCITYCODES, B and E, Texas is located in the southeastern corner of the state in the Gulf Coast region. The city is situated along the banks of the Trinity River, which runs through… Continue Reading
- Angleton, Texas May 21, 2023 - According to CITYPOPULATIONREVIEW, Angleton, Texas is a city located in Brazoria County, approximately 25 miles west of the Houston metropolitan area. The city is situated on the banks of the Brazos River and is surrounded… Continue Reading